Presidential Search Advisory Committee to meet Monday - 9 Apply for Top UL System Position
Presidential Search Advisory Committee to meet Monday - 9 Apply for Top UL System Position - May 9, 2008
Click here for .PDF of this document.
Presidential Search Advisory Committee to meet Monday
Nine Apply for Top UL System Position
BATON ROUGE - The advisory committee selected to assist in the search for a new University of Louisiana System President will hold its first meeting Monday in Baton Rouge.
WHAT: UL System Presidential Search Advisory Committee Meeting
WHEN: 1 p.m., Monday, May 12, 2008
WHERE: Board of Regents Conference Room, Sixth Floor, Claiborne Building, 1201 N. Third Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
To date, the following nine candidates have applied for the position:
* Michael Bestul - Vice President, Information and Technology and Chief Information Officer, Fairmont State University (Fairmont, West Virginia)
* James Cofer, Sr., Ed.D. - President, University of Louisiana at Monroe (Monroe, Louisiana)
* Jerome Greene, Jr., Ph.D. - Coordinator, Graduate Program in Rural Public Policy, Mississippi Valley State University (Itta Bena, Mississippi)
* Tito Guerrero III, Ed.D. - Vice President and Associate Provost for Diversity and Professor of Education, Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas)
* Juanita Johnson - Instructor, Business Administration and Information Technology, ITI Technical College (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
* Micheal Moffett, Ed.D. - President, Southeastern Louisiana University (Hammond, Louisiana)
* Kim Hunter Reed, Ph.D. - Executive Vice President, University of Louisiana System (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
* Gary Stroud, Ph.D. - Division Chair, Undergraduate Business Studies and Program Chair, Human Resource Management, Franklin State University (Columbus, Ohio)
* Ronald J. White, Ph.D. - Senior Fellow, Division of Space Life Sciences, Universities Space Research Association, Center for Advanced Space Studies (Houston, Texas)
Full applications and a meeting agenda can be viewed at www.ulsystem.net.
The advisory committee includes Chair Ray Authement from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Katie Damratoski from Southeastern Louisiana University, John Doucet from Nicholls State University, Rose Harris from Grambling State University, Eddie Meche from McNeese State University, Jerry Pierce from Northwestern State University, Ken Rea from Louisiana Tech University, and John Sutherlin from the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
According to Authement, the advisory committee plans to submit their candidate recommendations to the search committee at a meeting on May 30.
UL System Board Chair Elsie Burkhalter leads the eight-member search committee that will make the final recommendation to the board. They include Andre Coudrain Committee Vice Chair, Winfred Sibille, Wayne Parker, Victor Bussie, Mildred Gallot, Jimmy Long, Sr. and Student Board Member Olinda Ricard.
UL System President Sally Clausen will take over as the next Commissioner of Higher Education with the Louisiana Board of Regents at the end of June.
The largest university system in Louisiana, the UL System enrolls approximately 80,000 students at the following eight universities: Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, McNeese State University, Nicholls State University, Northwestern State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and University of Louisiana at Monroe.
FOR MORE INFORMATIONContact: Cami Geisman
225.219.0270 | Cami.Geisman@la.gov