Eight Professionals Form Initial Pool of Applicants for Southeastern Presidency
BATON ROUGE, La. – Eight individuals are in the initial pool of applicants vying to become president of Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond.
- David Bejou, Dean of the School of Business, Virginia State University. Bejou earned his Ph.D. in Business Administration from the University of Memphis.
- John L. Crain, Interim President of Southeastern Louisiana University. Crain earned his Ph.D. in Accountancy from University of Mississippi.
- Harley d’Entremont, Former Director of Academic Staff Relations and Academic Vice President (Francophone Affairs), Laurentian University, Ontario. D’Entremont earned a Ph.D. in Political Science at The University of Western Ontario.
- Jimmy H. Ishee, Dean of the School of Health Sciences at Texas Woman’s University. Ishee earned a Ph.D. in Movement Science and Physical Education at Florida State University.
- Stephen L. Jones, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs with the U.S. Department of Defense, Health Affairs. Jones earned a Doctor of Health Administration at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Michael D. Parsons, Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. Parsons earned a Ph.D. in Higher Education at Indiana University.
- F. Lamar Pritchard, Dean of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Louisiana at Monroe. Pritchard received his Ph.D. in Pharmacy at University of Georgia.
- Gregory S. Sojka, Special Projects Consultant to the Board of Trustees, University of Rio Grande. Sojka earned a Ph.D. in English at Indiana University.
The largest university system in Louisiana, the UL System enrolls approximately 80,000 students at the following eight universities: Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, McNeese State University, Nicholls State University, Northwestern State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and University of Louisiana at Monroe.
FOR MORE INFORMATIONContact: Cami Geisman
225.219.0270 | Cami.Geisman@la.gov
Eight Professionals Form Initial Pool of Applicants for Southeastern Presidency >>
Southeastern Review Lauds University's Transformation, Recommends Continued Emphasis on Quality as UL System Seeks New Campus Leader >>
UL System Board, Search Committee for Southeastern President to Meet Friday >>
SLU's Presidential Search Committee Public Hearing available on YouTube >>
UL System Campuses See Fall Enrollment Rise of Almost 1.8 percent >>
UL System Search Committee to Name New Southeastern President in Early 2009 >>
Search Committee for Southeastern Louisiana University President to Hold its First Public Meeting >>
Consultants To Conduct Institutional Review Of Southeastern Hammond >>
Southeastern Presidential Search Committee Meeting Postponed >>
Southeastern Presidential Search Committee Named >>
John Crain Named SLU Interim President >>
Moffett to Lead UL System >>