Finalists to Be Named at UL System Presidential Search Meeting Thursday
BATON ROUGE - The University of Louisiana System Presidential Application Review Committee will meet in Baton Rouge on Thursday, Nov. 1 to review applications and select finalists.
WHAT: UL System Presidential Application Review Committee Meeting
WHEN: 10 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012
WHERE: Room 100, Claiborne Building, 1201 N. Third Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
UL System Board Chair Wayne Parker heads up the five-member Application Review Committee. Serving with Parker are board members Andre Coudrain, Jimmy Faircloth Jr., Jimmie "Beau" Martin, and Russell Mosely.
The committee will consider public applications and additional candidate recommendations from search consultant R.H. Perry and Associates. Finalists will be invited to interview with the full Board of Supervisors in a special meeting on Nov. 9 in Baton Rouge. All meetings are open to the public.
To date, the following 14 candidates have applied for the position through the UL System office (listed in alphabetical order with highest degree earned and with most recent employment position):
- Ravi Chinta (Ph.D. - University of Pittsburgh)
Downing (Associate) Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship and CINTAS Ethics Fellow, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Walter Johnson, Jr. (Ph.D. - Nova Southeastern University)
Department Chair, Computer Information Sciences, Shaw University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Gary M. Lawler (Ph.D. - The University of Albany)
Chancellor, Pennsylvania State University - Hazleton campus, Hazelton, Pennsylvania
- Lesley Lovett-Doust (Ph.D. - University of Wales, Bangor)
President and Vice-Chancellor, Nipissing University, Ontario, Canada
- Sylvia A. Mason (Ed.D. - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
Interim Chair - School of Education, NCATE Director and Program Coordinator for Graduate Special Education, Kentucky State University
- Ann McDaniel-Echols (Ph.D. - University of Phoenix)
Medical Training Technologist, Louisiana State Penitentiary
- Gwyndolyn McClellan (Ph.D. - University of Kansas)
CEO/President, Value-Based Management, Inc., Sarasota, Florida
- Alfonso Miranda-Daleccio (MBA - Interamerican University of Puerto Rico)
Budget Director, Department of Labor & Human Resources, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Ronald A. Nykiel (Ph.D. - Walden University)
Dean, College of Business and Professor, Husson University, Bangor, Maine
- Niranjan Pati (Ph.D. - Northwestern University)
Dean and Professor, William G. Rohrer College of Business, Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey
- Behnam Pourbabai (Ph.D. - University of Massachusetts at Amherst)
Vice President of Technology, Automatica Inc., Reston, Virginia
- Martin M. Shapiro (Ph.D. - New York University)
Professor of Marketing, Management and International Business, Berkeley Colleges, New York and New Jersey
- Michael A. Wartell (Ph.D. - Yale University)
Chancellor Emeritus and Professor of Chemistry, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Walter V. Wendler (Ph.D. - University of Texas, Austin)
Director and Professor, School of Architecture, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Full candidate resumes, the meeting agenda, and other search information can be found at www.ulsystem.edu/ULSsearch. In addition to a special search website, the public can submit comments and questions to the Board by sending an email to ULSPresidentialSearch@la.gov.
The largest higher education system in Louisiana, the UL system enrolls over 92,000 students at Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, McNeese State University, Nicholls State University, Northwestern State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, the University of Louisiana at Monroe, and the University of New Orleans.
FOR MORE INFORMATIONContact: Cami Geisman
225.219.0270 | Cami.Geisman@la.gov