COMMITTEE CHOOSES FIVE SEMIFINALISTS FOR UNO PRESIDENCY
The University of New Orleans Presidential Search Committee today selected five semifinalists to interview next month for the school's top post.
The semifinalists are:
- Glen H. Cope (Ph.D., The Ohio State University), Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, The University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Jaimie L. Hebert (Ph.D., University of Louisiana at Lafayette), Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Sam Houston State University
- Andrew D. Kopplin (M.P.P., Harvard University), First Deputy Mayor and CAO, Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu, New Orleans
- John W. Nicklow (Ph.D., Arizona State University), Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, University of New Orleans
- John Valery White (J.D., Yale Law School), Strategic Advisor to the President, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
"It was a tremendous challenge to narrow a field of 10 terrific candidates to five but I am confident the Committee chose the right group to move forward in the process," Dr. Dan Reneau, UL System interim president and search committee chair, said. "We look forward to meeting the candidates next month and ultimately choosing a strong leader for this deserving university."
Candidates will sit for public interviews on UNO's campus Feb. 17 - 19. The Search Committee will meet Feb. 19 to select finalists who will interview with the UL System Board Feb. 23 in a public meeting at which the Board is expected to choose the eighth UNO president.
"We have a good pool of semifinalists and I am excited to welcome them to campus in February," UNO Student Government Association President Joy Ballard said. "Whoever we ultimately choose will be a good fit for UNO."
UL System staff will release a detailed interview schedule when it is finalized. All public interviews will be recorded and made available on the UNO Presidential Search webpage. Comments and questions can be submitted by emailing UNOPresidentialSearch@la.gov. In addition to public interviews, candidates will meet with UNO faculty, staff and students.
Voting members of the search committee include UL System board members Maggie Brakeville of Ruston, James Carter of New Orleans, Edward Crawford III of Shreveport, Pamela Egan of Covington, E. Gerald "T-Boy" Hebert of Kenner, Jimmie "Beau" Martin Jr. of Cut Off, Mark Romero of Lafayette, Robert Shreve of Baton Rouge, Winfred Sibille of Sunset and Gary Solomon of New Orleans. Also serving as a voting member is UNO Faculty Senate President Cherie Courseault Trumbach.
Serving as advisory, non-voting members are Delgado Community College Chancellor Joan Davis, UNO Student Government Association President Joy Ballard, UNO International Alumni Association President Al Herrera, UNO Foundation Chair Barry LeBlanc, UNO Research and Technology Foundation Chair Russell Trahan and UNO Alumnus/Former Speaker of the House Jim Tucker. UL System Interim President Dan Reneau serves as the non-voting committee chair.
Click here for latest on the UNO Presidential search.
FOR MORE INFORMATIONContact: Cami Geisman
225.219.0270 | Cami.Geisman@la.gov